Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/17/2011

This week, sociology was packed with a bunch of vocabulary words.  My favorite word was role since it is  easy to remember and because their are billions of examples that one can use to describe the word. All of a sudden I started to think of as many roles that I witness on a daily bases, and also the important ones, that is when I realized that the world needs both good and bad roles. In order for the role of a doctor to work, he will need sick people, in order for policeman to do their job, they need criminals, in order for a teacher to teach, their needs to be student.  Its disappointing  to realize that their is a need for bad people in this world.

All my life, I have alwasy know what I wanted to be when I grew up, and that was to become a teacher and a social worker ( elementary school teacher).  Even when I was little I had my mind set on becoming a teacher and a social worker because I knew that I wanted to help kids stay of the streets and to live a good life, even to this day I still have the same goal in mind. Its sad to hear on T. V. how a 14 year old boy got shoot just because he was involved in the wrong stuff, because he was a neglected kid, he was bullied, he wasn't cared for, he didn't find confort in anyone. Its sad to hear that now a days stories like that seem to occur more frequently.

Thats why when I grow up, I wanna try and make a difference and give kids an alternative, a motive to stay of the streets and try and live a good life. My goal for when I grow up is to take on the role of a teacher and a social worker along with other secondary roles that will  some day help kids have the life that every person on Earth should have.

 ( and later on adults too, but most importantly children, they are the future after all )

1 comment:

  1. You've picked an admirable profession to join. The status of teacher is an important, and these days, there are many more roles that teachers have to deal with--grading papers, planning lessons, counseling students, giving them a free lunch if they need it, being a good listener. The list goes on and on. You'll fill this role well :)

    ReplyDelete